Want to pursue a career as a dental assistant? Take the first step toward making your dream come true by attending our upcoming San Diego dental academy open house.
There are plenty of perks to attending Howard Healthcare Academy’s open house, including:
- Free CPR Classes: Cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) may prove to be the difference between life and death in a cardiac emergency. By RSVP’ing for our open house, you can participate in complimentary CPR classes taught by cardiac emergency experts. This training will empower you with the skills and expertise you need to become a difference-maker in life-threatening emergencies.
- Free Brunch: All open house attendees receive a free brunch. Learn about our dental assistant training program while enjoying delectable brunch foods at the same time.
- Facility Tours: We are hosting facility tours throughout the open house. These tours are conducted by our expert staff and enable you to see where students build the skills they need to become successful dental assistants.
- Course Overviews: For those who are unsure about the courses they will need to complete to become a dental assistant, our open house offers a great learning opportunity. Here, you can learn about all of our dental assistant training courses.
- Class Discounts: Sign up for any of Howard Healthcare Academy’s dental assistant training classes during our open house and you will receive a 50% discount.
And let’s not forget about our $10,000 scholarship! Open house attendees have the chance to enter to win a $10,000 scholarship to use toward dental assistant training. By attending our open house, you may be able to earn the financing you need to pursue a career as a dental assistant.
Enjoy Our Dental Assistant Training Program Preview
In addition to the aforementioned perks, our open house provides a sneak peek into what to expect during some of our classes, including:
- Orthodontic Assistant Permit (OAP): An orthodontic assistant helps an orthodontist treat patients who require braces, mouth guards, retainers, and other dental appliances. Our OAP course teaches students how to perform the everyday duties of an orthodontic assistant, including sizing, fitting, and cementing orthodontic bands, proper removal of orthodontic bands, brackets, and attachments, and placement and entrapment of archwires.
- Coronal Polishing: Our coronal polishing course teaches students how to administer coronal polishing, a procedure used to remove plaque and stains from the teeth. The class emphasizes infection control, tooth anatomy, and other coronal polishing topics. It also includes a lecture and lab session on day one. Then, on the second day of class, students begin live patient testing so they can gain real world experience.
- Radiation Safety: Our radiation safety course allows students to earn radiation safety certification, a requirement for dental assistants and other licensed dental professionals in California. This 32-hour standalone course teaches students about all aspects of X-ray safety, including how to set up, take, and mount patient X-rays, as well as the proper techniques for handling both digital and traditional X-rays.
- Pit and Fissure Sealants: Sealants can be applied to the pits (small hollows) and fissures (grooves) on the teeth’s biting surfaces, and they help keep food and bacteria from getting stuck in the back teeth (molars and premolars) and causing tooth decay. Our pit and fissure sealants course teaches students how to place sealants on a patient’s teeth. This 16-hour class includes a lecture and hands-on lab that details the sealant process. Additionally, the class starts with a lecture, hands-on practice with sealants on artificial teeth, and an exam. On day two, students apply pit and fissure sealants on live patients.
- Infection Control: Infection control certification is a DBC requirement for dental assistants and other licensed dental professionals in California. Our infection control class allows students to earn infection control certification so they can work in dental offices across California. It focuses on a wide range of infection control topics, including how to handle needles and other sharp objects in a dental office, the different types of personal protective equipment, and the proper ways to handle dangerous materials. Our infection control class takes approximately eight hours to complete, and the course consists of one four-hour lecture and one four-hour lab session.
- Ultrasonic Scaling: Ultrasonic scaling involves the use of an ultrasonic dental instrument to remove excess cement from orthodontic bands. plaque from the teeth. Our ultrasonic scaling course teaches students how to use an ultrasonic scaler on artificial teeth and remove cement from old orthodontic appliances. The class requires four hours to complete and includes a lecture and lab session.
Our course instructors will be on hand at our open house to answer any of your dental assistant training program questions. If you want to learn what it is like to work as a dental assistant, what skills you will need to thrive as a dental assistant, or have any other questions, our course instructors are happy to respond to them.
Why Should You Choose Howard Healthcare Academy for Dental Assistant Training?
Not all dental assistant training programs are identical. Whereas some dental assistant training programs provide classroom lessons, others focus primarily on hands-on training. Regardless of which type of program a dental assistant student selects, he or she may miss out on key insights. As a result, this student may struggle to gain the necessary dental assistant training, skills, and expertise to achieve his or her career goals.
Howard Healthcare Academy offers the only dental assistant training program in California that partners with The Super Dentists, a leading San Diego pediatric dentist and orthodontist. Our partnership with The Super Dentists allows us to provide students with in-depth classroom lessons and hands-on dental assistant training at a state-of-the-art facility.
Plus, we employ staff and faculty that are certified, trained, and possess comprehensive dental experience. Our team is passionate about education and strives to inspire and motivate the next generation of dental assistants. As such, we provide our students with the tools and resources they need to succeed as dental assistants.
Check Out the Howard Healthcare Academy Open House on June 2 in San Diego
Join Howard Healthcare Academy at our upcoming San Diego dental academy open house — you will be glad you did. Our open house will provide a valuable opportunity to learn about our dental assistant training program in a friendly, comfortable environment.
The Howard Healthcare Academy open house takes place Saturday, June 2 from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. at 9737 Aero Dr. in San Diego. To RSVP for our open house or find out more about our dental assistant training courses, please contact us today at (619) ACADEMY or email us at Info@HowardAcademy.com. We hope to see you there!