Howard Healthcare Academy offers two Infection Control courses. One is a mandatory 2-Hour Infection Control class that provides two continuing education units for license renewal and the other is an 8-Hour Infection Control Certification course.
Both courses meet the Dental Board of California requirements for licensed dental professionals. Here’s everything you need to know about both our Infection Control certification classes.
What is the 2-hour Infection Control CEU course?
The 2-Hour Infection Control for license renewal course meets the mandate for license renewal of all California dental license holders and is Dental Board of California approved. This 2-hour class is the Infection Control course required for license renewal for dentists (Doctor of Dental Surgery — DDS), hygienist (Registered Dental Hygienist — RDH), registered dental assistants in extended functions (RDAEF) and registered dental assistants (RDA).
In the 2-hour Infection Control class students will learn to:
Create and implement infection control, sterilization and housekeeping protocols for dental facilities
Identify the levels of disinfection, sterilization requirements and differences in validation of products
Describe and implement minimum standards for infection control within dental practices
This class is an interactive educational experience. Upon successful completion of the course, participants will receive two continuing education credits. Participants will have 30 days from the date of purchase to complete all coursework and will be eligible for a certificate of completion. Also, the certification must be renewed every two years, which can be done as part of a two-hour renewal course.
Take the Infection Control and California Dental Practice Act Bundle course
Howard Healthcare Academy offers a 4-hour continuing education units (CEUs) comprehensive bundle of both mandatory courses in Infection Control and California Dental Practice Act for licensees of California. These two courses together will meet all mandatory educational requirements in one interactive educational experience.
These combined courses are approved by the Dental Board of California, and upon successful completion of the courses, students are eligible for four CEUs. Participants will have 30 days from the date of purchase to complete all coursework and will be eligible for a certificate of completion.
What is the 8-Hour Infection Control certification course?
The Dental Board of California requires licensed dental professionals in the State of California to complete an Infection Control certification course. The Howard Healthcare Academy Infection Control for dental assistants training course provides certification in infection controls in the dental field. The class allows you to understand the importance of infection control in a dental office and provides you with certification that makes you eligible to work in a dental office.
What will you learn in our Infection Control for dental assistants class?
The Infection Control courses introduce infection and biohazard control procedures necessary for the safe practice of dentistry. Topics include microbiology, chemical disinfectants, infectious diseases, OSHA standards and applicable State laws. Students practice aseptic techniques and universal precautions, and will process and sterilize instruments.
Our Infection Control certification class covers a variety of infection control topics, and overall student learning outcomes are to:
- Identify different types of microorganisms and the methods of disease transmission in a dental office
- Explain and perform disinfection and sterilization techniques using the seven steps in processing
- Identify the regulatory and advisory agencies
- Explain OSHA standards and universal precautions
- Identify common methods of personal protection against chemical exposure
- List the factors in bacterial contamination of dental unit water
- Define ergonomics and demonstrate the exercises that can reduce muscle fatigue and strengthen muscles
- The 8-Hour Infection Control class requires eight hours to complete. It consists of a four-hour lecture and a four-hour lab session.
Upon successful completion of our 8-Hour Infection Control class, you will receive a certification that will remain valid throughout your career.
Can the Infection Control certification class be taken online?
The Howard Healthcare Academy Infection Control certification course must be completed at our Kearny Mesa campus location in San Diego.
Why enroll in the Howard Healthcare Academy Infection Control class?
Our Infection Control class stands out for many reasons, including:
- Unparalleled Training — We offer a learning environment that combines hands-on lessons and classroom training, ensuring you can understand the ins and outs of infection control in a dental office.
- Immense Flexibility — We offer a flexible class schedule for your convenience, enabling you to participate in a course that ensures you won’t need to reshuffle your day-to-day activities.
- Professional Staff — We employ experienced dental professionals as instructors, allowing you to receive expert assistance at all times.
- High-End Technology — Our class provides immediate access to the latest dental technologies, making it easier for you to gain real world experience.
- Offered at Our Convenient Location — Our Infection Control certification class is offered at our easy to get to Kearny Mesa location in San Diego.
Find out more about our 2-Hour Infection Control and 8-Hour Infection Control courses as well as our Infection Control and California Dental Practice Act Bundle class by calling (619) ACADEMY (619-222-3369), or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Complete your Infection Control certification at Howard Healthcare Academy.