Discover what it takes to perform x-rays in a dental office by enrolling in the Howard Healthcare Academy Radiation Safety Course and Certification Program. Here’s what you need to know about our Radiation Safety course.
What is a Radiation Safety certification?
A Radiation Safety certification is mandatory for dental assistants and other licensed dental professionals to be able to take patient dental x-rays in a State of California dental office. The Radiation Safety certification is essential for licensed dental professionals who want to perform patient x-rays in a dental office.
What does the Howard Academy Radiation Safety course offer?
Our 32-hour standalone Radiation Safety course focuses on several topics, including:
- How to set up, take, process and mount patient x-rays correctly
- Proper techniques to handle traditional and digital x-rays
- Dental terms and definitions
- X-ray safety
- Performing radiation safety procedures during exposures on mannequin and human subjects
In addition, our Radiation Safety course is designed to help you learn the ins and outs of x-ray safety.
You’ll participate in a lecture, practice on a mannequin head and receive an exam to test your skills. Afterward, you’ll be able to take x-rays on live patients.
After you complete the Howard Healthcare Academy Radiation Safety class, you’ll receive an x-ray certification. This certification lasts forever, which means you won’t have to renew it at a later date.
Can the Radiation Safety course be completed online?
The Howard Healthcare Academy Radiation Safety certification course must be completed at our Kearny Mesa campus location in San Diego.
Why choose Howard Healthcare Academy for Radiation Safety certification?
Performing patient x-rays is part of the day-to-day duties of a dental assistant. Thus, those who want to become dental assistants will need a radiation safety certification to ensure they understand how to complete patient x-rays in a dental office.
At Howard Healthcare Academy, we deliver an exceptional radiation safety certification course that features:
- Variety of Scheduling Options — Our class schedules are designed to make it convenient for you to find a course that works for you.
- Expert Support — We employ top-notch instructors who are experienced and understand what it takes to perform patient x-rays successfully. As a result, you’ll receive world-class support from expert instructors in our x-ray certification course.
- Convenient Campus Location — Our Kearny Mesa campus in San Diego is easy to access.
- Hands-On Training — Our x-ray course blends hands-on lessons and classroom instruction, so you’ll be able to build a comprehensive skill set in no time at all.
- First-Rate Equipment — We provide mannequin heads and other equipment that enables you to gain real-world experience in a comfortable learning environment.