Howard Healthcare Academy offers a coronal polish course that teaches students the fundamentals of coronal polish. Here’s a closer look at what our coronal polish certification course has to offer.
What is coronal polish?
Coronal polish represents a procedure that dental assistants commonly use to eliminate plaque from a patient’s teeth. It also serves as an essential process to remove stains from the teeth that are caused by substances such as coffee, tea and tobacco.
What will you learn in our Coronal Polish class?
The Howard Healthcare Academy Coronal Polish course combines hands-on training with an unparalleled classroom learning experience that will teach you about coronal polish topics, including:
- Coronal polish terms and definitions
- Anatomy of the head and neck
- Tooth anatomy
- Infection control
- Coronal polish lab procedures you will perform on at least two mannequin or typodont simulators according to the specified criteria
- Coronal polish procedures you will perform on three clinical patients according to the specified criteria with 75% accuracy
Day one of our Coronal Polish class includes a lecture and lab practice on artificial teeth. On the second day of class, you’ll begin live patient testing to ensure you gain real-world experience. This practice will help you gain confidence and proficiency in the skills of coronal polish.
Is the Coronal Polish class available online?
The Howard Healthcare Academy Coronal Polish class will be completed at our Kearny Mesa campus location in San Diego.
Will I receive my Coronal Polish certification upon successful completion of the class?
After completing the Howard Healthcare Academy 12-hour Coronal Polish class, you will receive a coronal polish certification verifying that you know how to properly set-up, prep the patient, floss and use the slow-speed handpiece for optimal polishing of patients’ teeth. The coronal polish certification also lasts forever and does not need to be renewed at any time.
In addition, our Coronal Polish course certifies a registered dental assistant (RDA) to polish patients’ teeth. Without successful completion of the Coronal Polish class, you will not be able to take the State-board exam to become an RDA.
Why enroll in a Coronal Polish class from Howard Healthcare Academy?
There are many great reasons to choose Howard Healthcare Academy’s Coronal Polish class, including:
- Flexible Schedule — We offer a flexible course schedule, ensuring you won’t have to revamp your work and personal schedule to find time to participate in our class.
- Hands-On Training — We enable you to gain the hands-on skills and know-how needed to perform coronal polish on a patient’s teeth.
- Professional Instruction — We employ friendly dental professionals who possess years of dental experience and will help you understand what it takes to perform coronal polish.
- Best-in-Class Technology — We provide immediate access to a slow-speed handpiece and other state-of-the-art technology, allowing you to learn how to use various dental instruments and other dental equipment correctly.