Howard Healthcare Academy offers a California Dental Practice Act course that is mandatory for all licensed dental professionals in California. Here are details about our California Dental Practice Act class.
What is the California Dental Practice Act course?
The California Dental Practice Act course is a 2-hour continuing education unit (CEU) class that defines the day-to-day duties of dental assistants and other licensed dental professionals across the State of California. It was created by the Dental Board of California and outlines the regulations and rules that licensed dental professionals must follow as part of their legal and ethical responsibilities to patients who are treated in dental offices.
The dental practice act course includes information on the structure of the Dental Board, governing bodies, utilization and scope of practice for auxiliaries, scope of practice for dentists, laws governing the prescribing of drugs, citations, fines, revocations and suspensions, mandatory reporter status and license renewal.
What will you learn in the Howard Academy California Dental Practice Act Course?
Our two-hour CEU course outlines the rules and regulations associated with the California Dental Practice Act. Learning outcomes include the ability to:
- Identify the legal limits on scope of practice and the use of dental auxiliaries
- Describe the legal issues for renewal of license including CEU and criminal history reporting
- Design patient care, record keeping and staff management, to comply with the legal requirements of the Dental Practice Act
The objectives of the Howard Healthcare Academy California Dental Practice Act course include:
- Understanding the regulatory and the statutory processes that lead to the regulations dental professionals are required to adhere to
- Receiving a basic overview of the Dental Practice Act and its regulations
- Recognizing and adhering to the laws and regulations involving the scope of practice for dental assistants in the workplace
- Understanding the responsibility of all dental assistants in knowing the regulations and laws governing their position in the dental practice
This interactive educational experience is approved by the Dental Board of California. Upon successful completion of the California Dental Practice Act course the student is eligible for two continuing education units. Participants will have 30 days from the date of purchase to complete all coursework and will be eligible for a certificate of completion.
Take the California Dental Practice Act and Infection Control Bundle course
Howard Healthcare Academy offers a four-hour CEU comprehensive bundle of both mandatory courses in Infection Control and California Dental Practice Act for licensees of California. These two courses together meet all mandatory educational requirements in one interactive educational experience.
These combined courses are approved by the Dental Board of California, and upon successful completion of the courses, students are eligible for four CEUs. Participants will have 30 days from the date of purchase to complete all coursework and will be eligible for a certificate of completion.
Is the California Dental Practice Act and Infection Control Bundle course available online?
At this time, our California Dental Practice Act certification class and Infection Control/California Dental Practice Act Bundle course are available at our Kearny Mesa location in San Diego.
Who can enroll in the Howard Academy California Dental Practice Act class and Infection Control/California Dental Practice Act Bundle course?
Our California Dental Practice Act class and Infection Control/California Dental Practice Act Bundle course is ideal for a range of licensed dental professionals, including:
- Dental assistants (DAs)
- Registered dental assistants (RDAs)
- Orthodontic assistants (OAs)
Why enroll at Howard Healthcare Academy?
Howard Healthcare Academy remains a premiere provider of the California Dental Practice Act and Infection Control/California Dental Practice Act Bundle courses. We offer an unsurpassed learning experience that you simply won’t find elsewhere. Reasons to choose Howard Healthcare Academy include:
- Flexible Class Schedule — We’ll enable you to enroll in a California Dental Practice Act class that fits your schedule, regardless of your work and personal commitments.
- Hands-On Lessons — We provide a learning experience that blends hands-on sessions with classroom lessons, ensuring you can build your skill set and accomplish your career goals.
- State-of-the-Art Technology — Our campus location is equipped with high-quality technology, enabling you to leverage first-rate equipment as you discover what it takes to become a successful dental professional.
- Experienced Instructors — Our courteous instructors are dental professionals who are happy to respond to your concerns and queries at any time.
- Offered at Convenient Location — Our classes are offered at our easy to get to Kearny Mesa location in San Diego.
Learn more about the Howard Healthcare Academy California Dental Practice Act course as well as our California Dental Practice Act/Infection Control Bundle course by calling (619) ACADEMY (619-222-3369), or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Earn your continuing education units from Howard Healthcare Academy.