X-Ray License & Certification
Discover what it takes to perform X-rays in a dental office by enrolling in Howard Healthcare Academy’s radiation safety certification course. Here’s what you need to know about our radiation safety course.
What Is A Radiation Safety Certification?
Radiation safety certification is mandatory for dental assistants and other licensed dental professionals to take patient dental X-rays in a State of California dental office. It is essential for licensed dental professionals who want to complete patient X-rays in a dental office.
What Does Your Radiation Safety Certification Class Offer?
Our 32-hour standalone radiation safety course focuses on several topics, including:
• How to set up, take, process and mount patient X-rays correctly.
• Proper techniques to handle traditional and digital X-rays.
• Dental terms and definitions.
• X-ray safety.
In addition, our two-day radiation safety course is designed to help you learn the ins and outs of X-ray safety.
On day one, you’ll participate in a lecture, practice on a dummy head and receive an exam to test your skills. Then, on day two, you’ll be able to take practice X-rays on live patients.
After you complete our radiation safety class, you’ll receive an X-ray certification. This certification lasts forever, which means you won’t have to renew it at a later date.
Can the Radiation Safety Training Class Be Completed On Site and Online?
No. Our radiation safety certification course must be completed on site at one of our Southern California campus locations or at a dental office.
Why Should You Choose Howard Healthcare Academy for Radiation Safety Certification?
Performing patient X-rays is part of the day-to-day duties of a dental assistant. Thus, those who want to become dental assistants will need radiation safety certification to ensure they understand how to complete patient X-rays in a dental office.
At Howard Healthcare Academy, we deliver an exceptional radiation safety certification course. Unlike many traditional dental assistant training programs, our radiation safety class features:
• Variety of Scheduling Options – Our class schedules are designed to make it convenient for you to find a course that works for you.
• Expert Support – We employ top-notch instructors who are experienced and understand what it takes to perform patient X-rays successfully. As a result, you’ll receive world-class support from expert instructors in our radiation safety course.
• Numerous Campus Locations – With campus locations scattered across Southern California, we ensure that you can find a campus that is easy to access.
• Hands-On Training – Our course blends hands-on lessons and classroom instruction, guaranteeing you’ll be able to build a comprehensive skill set in no time at all.
• First-Rate Equipment – We offer dummy heads and other equipment that enables you to gain real world experience in a comfortable learning environment.
Ultimately, Howard Healthcare Academy’s radiation safety course will teach you how to work with traditional and digital x-ray machines.
Get radiation safety certified from Howard Healthcare Academy! To learn more about our radiation safety class, please contact us at (619) ACADEMY or via email at info(at)howardacademy.com.