Infection Control Certification
Howard Healthcare Academy offers an infection control certification course that meets Dental Board of California (DBC) requirements for licensed dental professionals. Here’s everything you need to know about our infection control certification class.
What Is Infection Control Certification?
DBC requires licensed dental professionals in the State of California to complete an infection control certification course.
Our infection control for dental assistants training course provides certification in infection controls in the dental field. It allows you to understand the importance of infection control in a dental office and will provide you with certification that will make you eligible to work in a dental office.
What Will You Learn in Our Infection Control for Dental Assistants Class?
Our infection control certification class covers a variety of infection control topics, including:
• How to break down rooms and reduce the risk of patient or staff infection in a dental office.
• The importance of proper sterilization of dental instruments and how to clean and sterilize instruments.
• Definitions of chemicals and how they are used.
• The different types of personal protective equipment.
• How to handle needles and other sharp objects in a dental office.
• Compliance with U.S. Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) standards.
• The proper ways to handle various dangerous materials.
In addition, our infection control class requires eight hours to complete. It consists of a four-hour lecture and a four-hour lab session.
Upon successful completion of our infection control class, you will receive a certification that will remain valid for two years. Also, the certification must be renewed every two years, which can be done as part of a two-hour renewal course.
Can the Infection Control Certification Class Be Taken On Site and Online?
Our infection control certification course must be completed at one of our Southern California campus locations or at a dental office.
Why Should You Enroll in Howard Healthcare Academy’s Infection Control Class?
Our infection control class stands out for a number of reasons, such as:
• Unparalleled Training – We offer a learning environment that combines hands-on lessons and classroom training, ensuring you can understand the ins and outs of infection control in a dental office.
• Immense Flexibility – Searching for a class that you can complete at your convenience? We offer a flexible class schedule, enabling you to participate in a course that ensures you won’t need to reshuffle your day-to-day activities.
• Professional Staff – We employ experienced dental professionals as instructors, allowing you to receive expert assistance at all times.
• High-End Technology – Our class provides immediate access to the latest dental technologies, making it easier for you to gain real world experience.
• Numerous Class Locations – We operate multiple campus locations across Southern California, which means you should have no trouble finding a class that is close to home.
Get your infection control certification done through Howard Healthcare Academy!
Find out more about our infection control for dental assistants class by contacting us at (619) ACADEMY or via email at info(at)howardacademy.com.